Monday, July 8, 2013

SanTan Brewing Epicenter Amber

I'm back in Arizona, after being gone many years, and I'm not particularly familiar with the local brews, so I picked up a mixed six pack including 4 local beers I'd never heard of before.

SanTan Brewing, based out of Chandler, AZ, looks like it's been in business about 6 years now.  They've got a pretty decent selection of regular brews, and they have a really awesome sounding motivation for their existence here: http://www.santanbrewing.com/about-santan/

This particular beer is pretty decent, which might sounds negative, but I'm not usually a big fan of amber ales unless they're also hoppy, or have more going on with their yeast.  This one has great caramel and toasty notes, finishes dry, and has nothing negative to detract, so it's very solid and respectable, and would make a great introduction to craft beer to someone used to light beers.  I usually perceive the dry finish to be watery, so my first sip wasn't impressive, but I've come to enjoy it about 1/3 through.

There's nothing otherwise distinctive about this, I'd accept more if drinking by the pool, but wouldn't seek it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment