Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Prescott Brewing's Ponderosa IPA

Prescott Brewing has apparently been at this for over 20 years, and from this one I can see why they've stayed in business. This beer is fantastic, and certainly plays to all of my favorites. This beer has great balance between malt and hop, and has grapefruit flavor, piney notes, and finshes clean, mostly without aftertaste, except for something refreshing that reminds me of spring water.

I drank this one while watching Tattoo Nightmares, hearing my son in the next room taking a "nap" singing at the top of his lungs because he's totally not tired. I'm certainly in a good place to enjoy this beer, the tattoo cover-ups are awesome, my boy is cute, even in his refusal to sleep, and it's overcast and cool in the mountains of Arizona. I loved this beer, and I'll admit, I'm too positive about IPA's, but I really think this is a fantastic example. If I could get this back home, I'd certainly get it again, and I'd put it on par with Dogfish head, though very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment