Saturday, July 27, 2013

Further Bicycle Commuting Thoughts

So, on Thursday of this week I got to have my first, "Thank God I'm on a bike" moment.  I don't expect them to be frequent.

I was on Alpha Road approaching Preston and traffic got ridiculous.  I had not spent enough time noting the location of sidewalks, and as of right now, I'm not going to be the guy riding in between lanes begging for someone to open their door to make my day suck.  If I had, I might have just taken the sidewalk, and spent even less time in traffic.  As it was, there must have been some accident south of Alpha Road on Preston, because traffic was backed up, moving even slower than what I was in.  Each light cycle, a few cars would pile into the intersection, and get stuck there, which would end up preventing any cars from being able to proceed along Alpha Road.  With perverse pleasure, and a brief flashback to some scene in Premium Rush, I weaved through stationary cars, emerging on the other side feeling pretty awesome.  The people behind me had caught up to me by the next light or so, but the moment was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment